'The Pioneer School of Theology' has become a central reference point for our key and Emerging leaders since 2010. Both those with a theological background and people new to in-depth theology have loved the times. Worship leaders and artists have also been inspired in their work by our times together.
Over the years we have explored Hermeneutics, The Trinity, The Kingdom of God and now in 2013 we are looking at 'Salvation'.
These times have been an exciting opportunity for us to 'theologise together' with the help of key experts in their field as well as the sharpest theological minds within the network. It's an exercise of 'community theology' where through relationships and conversation together we see how the Lord might hone and shape what we are doing as we understand him more. All this is carried out in an atmosphere of prayer, prophetic ministry and worship in the power of the Holy Spirit as we also give place to storytelling around the core subjects. In this mix we are enriched by the reflections of leaders from other continents who bring another lens to our reflection together. We believe that leaders and key workers from every Church would benefit from this amazing opportunity'.
This year's theme will be: SALVATION
1. Exploring the Big Message of Salvation: Looking at an overview of the different lenses we might use to explain salvation and to express and communicate its message.
2. Humanity, Salvation and the ‘Image Idol’: A recap on last years teaching on the ‘image idol’ moving into and examination of the OT vision of the kingdom looking at shalom, the idea of the new Eden and the temple.
3. Human Depravity: Looking at the tragedy of idolatory and tracking human depravity and the need of salvation in Isaiah, Psalms, Ezekiel through to the ministry of Jesus.
4. Contagious Holiness: examination of the way in which Jesus heals and brings salvation during his ministry (esp. Mark 1-7). This builds on the image-idol teaching, and presses into issues of identity, authority, kingdom-as-new-creation, the character of ‘incarnational’ theology.
5. Contagious Unholiness: the reality of sin, impurity etc … around Jesus during ministry: posing the question, in what ways do we need to be more discerning of our own need for on-going salvation.
6. Jesus, the Good News of Salvation: Looking at the teaching of Jesus on salvation in the context of the Gospels.
7. Paul the Gospel of Salvation: Looking at the teaching of Paul on salvation in the book of Romans.
8. Salvation and the whole of Creation:
9. Salvation in the Wesleyan Tradition: Tickets available at http://pioneersst-es2005.eventbrite.co.uk/?rank=1